“Fuse the powers of the sacred heart with the energies of the body, and you can transform everything.” ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Description of the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive
The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive is a holistic course that creates the conditions for the revelation of our real nature, the Spiritual Heart. It is a life-changing journey in which fundamental spiritual topics are introduced in both a practical and theoretical way. The practice of hatha yoga provides an intimate inner knowledge of the physical body, of its bio-energies, chakras (energy centers), and of our ultimate nature. Therefore, a contemplative attitude and an awareness of what we essentially are is an important part of the practice.
Hridaya Hatha Yoga is unique because:
- It teaches us how to open to the limitlessness of energy. What we consider to be just “our energies” are revealed as being universal.
- It opens our Hearts deeply, bringing the perspective of Advaita Vedanta, the vision of non-duality.
Hridaya Hatha Yoga creates the condition for a deep relaxation and for opening to realize the “transfiguration” of the body itself. The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive is a highly beneficial and transformative program that can bring amazing purifications at the physical, psychological, and mental levels. Learning how to awaken and become aware of subtle energies, the chakra system, and kundalini allows a profound psycho-mental regeneration.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Introduction Video
The first component of Module 1 features 3 classes per day for 20 days. There are 2-hour morning and afternoon sessions that include yogic theory, hatha yoga practice (asana and pranayama), and short meditations. Evening lectures present a variety of important topics in yogic philosophy and lifestyle, all taught from a Hridaya Yoga perspective. Module 1 also includes an additional day when we join together to perform a traditional yogic purification practice. We also encourage participation in one-hour daily Hridaya morning meditations.
Please note that although the first component of the course takes place over 21 days, you are welcome to join any day and complete as many days as your heart desires.
The (optional) second component of Module 1 is the participation in a Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat. You may choose to attend the retreat for either 3 or 10 days in order to allow yourself to delve deeper into the essence of meditation and your Real Nature.
Curriculum of the Yoga Retreat
The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive aims, through its vision, methods and attitudes, to make these teachings resonate more deeply within each of us. They are rooted in the Consciousness of Oneness, and our highest priority is to keep the universality of the message, beyond dogma and biases.
The teachings of Module 1 unfold over four stages:
Week 1 – Introduction – Subtle Structures
Week 2 – Purifications
Week 3 – Spiritual Transformations and Grace
Week 4 – Integration In Daily Life
The curriculum of the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive includes:
- Hridaya Hatha Yoga principles and the stages of doing an asana. The comprehensive explanation of both the practice and the symbolic significance of more than 40 asanas, yogic techniques, and warm-up exercises
- The yogic system of chakras – yogi psychology
- About nadi-s (subtle energy channels), the 5 subtle bodies, and the polarity of energy
- Ramana Maharshi’s Self-Enquiry Method
- The infinite softness and power of the Spiritual Heart
- Diet recommendations for yogis; proper diet for a healthy life
- Yogic purification techniques
- Cultivating proper attitudes for a Hridaya life (a life lived with an open Heart)
- Overcoming laxity and excitement in spirituality
- Yoga Nidra – The Yoga of Sleep/Lucid Dreaming (The Yoga of Sleep in the Tibetan tradition)
- Yogic Practices for the Sublimation of energy
- Bhakti Yoga – The yoga of devotion
- The concept of Karma and Karma Yoga – The yoga of action done with detachment
- Pranayama – the control of the energies using rhythmic breathing
- Simple concentration and meditation techniques
Each day, you will receive course papers that provide valuable information regarding the theory introduced in the morning class session. Supplementary materials for evening lectures are available in a separate booklet available for purchase at the Hridaya Yoga Center or online at Amazon.com.
The Hridaya Community
At the Hridaya Yoga Center in Mazunte, Mexico, the practice of yoga and its resulting transformation is supported by an inspiring spiritual environment. The Hridaya community is an open group of people who share similar spiritual values. The teachings are practically applied by participation in uplifting communal living. Thus, we learn to cultivate awareness in our daily lives.
The Hridaya community is open and welcoming to any of its practitioners. It actively support the practice of yoga, meditation, and the application of Hridaya perspectives and ideals in daily life. Here the educational process starts from another paradigm. We respect each other beyond roles, appreciating the gifts each person can bring, supporting the beauty and the inherently creative power that lies in every soul. In this way, real love can grow.
In the Hridaya community, spontaneity is encouraged. This gives a freedom, freshness, and dynamic character to the teachings and to our relationships. Everyone is invited to express and cultivate their inspiration, imagination, heart, beauty, presence and Stillness. Read the Hridaya Yoga Vision for more information.
The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive is the first part of a systematic and comprehensive yoga course that will include other modules of:
-Advanced hatha yoga practices
-Advanced Tantric practices (mudras and bandhas for Kundalini awakening)
See what our former Module 1 students have to say about their experiences in the course. Check out our Testimonials page.
See all upcoming dates and book your place for the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive here.
“There are many mysteries to be unraveled, but the most important is the mystery of our being.”